Test Your Windows Computer
for Javelin Compatibility Before You Order
Windows Compatibility Testing for Javelin
if you plan to install the Schema files on a Windows computer in an institutional setting or over a large network (such as a hospital, academic setting, or agency), we strongly encourage you to contact us to run the Windows compatibility test below at no charge before placing an order. You may also want to contact your Computer Support Department to discuss potential problems.
if you are installing the inventories on a Windows computer in your home or private office, it is highly unlikely that you will encounter any installation problems related to compatibility. However, if you would feel more comfortable running a compatibility test first, please follow the instructions below.
Unless you will be installing Javelin in an institutional setting, there is a $5 fee to cover our costs in supplying you with the files needed to take the Compatibility Test. (However, we will issue you a credit for $5 in the form of a coupon code right after you pay the $5 fee. You can use the coupon if you decide to purchase the complete set of Schema Inventories within 3 months after receiving the code (in either the Javelin or Adobe formats).
When you are ready to place an order for the Schema Inventories, please click here.
Please follow the instructions below to test whether your Windows computer is compatible with our secure schema file and Javelin document reader:
1. To simplify following the instructions below, please be sure that you are reading this webpage in Internet Explorer. (If you are using another browser, like Chrome, please open this page in Internet Exlorer instead instead.)
2. Begin by clicking on the link below:
3. You will probably see a bar or window near the bottom of your screen asking you: "Do you want to run or save javelinsetup.exe? This type of file could harm your computer." Ignore the warning, and click on the button that says "Run."
4. You may get another warning that: "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run the program?" Ignore this warning also, and click on the "Run" button.
5. The “Javelin PDF Reader Setup Wizard” should now open. Click “Continue” or "Next" on each screen, then click “Install” or "Finish" on the last screen. The Wizard will finish the Javelin installation, and icons to open Javelin will be added to your Desktop and Start menus.
6. Javelin Reader may now open automatically. If it does, you can minimize or close it for now.
7. Now you are ready to order the Javelin Compatibility Test DRMZ file (containing 6 sample schema pages); and your personal authorization code that will allow you to open the DRMZ file. To begin the ordering procedure, click on the maroon "Add to Cart" button below:
a. A new tab or window will then open with our Javelin Compatibility Test license agreement (EULA). If you are comfortable with the terms and conditions, click "Accept".
b. A shopping cart page will open automatically, with a $5 license for the Javelin Compatibility Test already in the cart. The Total Due should be $5.00. Please fill out all of the Contact and Credit Card information requested, then submit your order.
c. Once your credit card is accepted, the "Order Confirmation and Download" page will open. You will also receive an email from us within a few minutes. The email has a link that you can click on anytime to return to the Download page. It also contains your unique 9-character authorization code. You will need this code in Step 13 below to authorize and open your Compatibility Test file.
If you don’t see the email in your Inbox, be sure to check your Spam folder. If you still haven't received your email within 20 minutes -- or if the email does not contain an authorization code -- please contact us as soon as possible.
8. Now you ready to download the DRMZ file onto your computer. Click on the blue Download button on the Download page in your browser. (You can do this immediately after completing your order online; OR wait until you get your confirmation email, and click on the View Purchase Online link.)
Depending on your browser, one of two things will happen.
9. a. With a browser like Chrome, your file will begin downloading automatically and will be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer.
b. If you are using a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, a “Save As” dialogue box may pop up. In the “Save As” window, find the directory on your computer where you want the DRMZ file saved. (Most users choose the Desktop.) Then click the “Save” button. The DRMZ file will now begin downloading, and will be saved to your desktop, or in the directory you just chose.
10. If you closed Javelin in Step 6, look on your desktop or Start Menu for the icon to open Javelin Reader that you installed previously. Click on the Javelin icon -- or maximize Javelin -- and the Javelin Reader program should open.
11. Now you are ready to open the drmz file in Javelin Reader. Click on the "File" menu at the top left of Javelin Reader; then click “Open”.
12. Another dialogue box will open, showing all the directories on your computer. Click on the directory where you saved the drmz file earlier (usually on the Desktop or in your Downloads folder). Now click on the file: "Javelin Compatibility Test 2015.drmz". Then click “Open”.
13. You must be online, with an internet connection to your computer, in order to complete this step! Another box will pop up asking you to enter the file’s authorization code. Open the email we sent you, and either copy or type your 9-character code from the email into the field provided in Javelin; then click OK.
15. Your file should now open in Javelin Reader, and you can view 6 sample pages from different schema inventories and forms.
If the file does not open, even when you have entered a valid authorization code, you may not have an open internet connection that can access the publisher's server. The most common reason for this is that you are using a computer in an institution that uses a central server that is blocking internet access. Please speak to your Internet/Computer/IT Support Dept. for help, or contact us.
16. Click “File”, then “Print” – or click on the Printer icon in the toolbar. Enter the page numbers you’d like to print, then click “Print”.
17. If the pages you selected print correctly, then your Windows computer and printer are fully compatible with our software. Congratulations! Click here to order the Schema Therapy Inventories from this website whenever you're ready, without having to worry that you will have any problems.
18. Since you have already installed Javelin Reader, all you will have to do after purchasing online is to download the file of schema inventories, open the file in Javelin Reader, and enter the new authorization code you will receive after you finish placing your order. (Note: the authorization code that you received in your email is only valid for the Javelin Compatibility Test file, not for the full set of inventories.)
19. If the Compatibility Test file with sample pages does not open or print in Javelin Reader, we recommend that you purchase one of the Adobe eBook options instead. You can also feel free to contact our support staff: email@example.com. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.